Got it !!!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

Took the day off yesterday to get a car, because our current Buick lease is concluding

Wanted the Mercedes CLA250, but they weren't serious about selling cars

Had a great experience with my 2012 BMW 128i lease, so I went looking for a 2 series

they're hard to find .....

Salesman started telling me about how much he likes his personal i3 ....

and voila

anyhow ... now starts the learning process!

100_4336-M.jpg

100_4330-M.jpg

100_4326-M.jpg

:mrgreen:

I see you are in Silicon Valley. Which dealer did you get it from? I am deciding to lease as well and read there are deals to be had. :D

And that is an awesome color. Favorite color between that and the white.

m3lover1 said:
I see you are in Silicon Valley. Which dealer did you get it from? I am deciding to lease as well and read there are deals to be had. :D

And that is an awesome color. Favorite color between that and the white.

Stevens Creek salesman named Kip ... who I had a good, previous BMW lease experience with

It's exactly what I wanted

No options and the right color

;)

What I great colour (sorry, color!) I'm very jealous as red is not available in the UK.

It also looks good with no front number plate. Do you need to add one or can you drive without one where you are?

paule23 said:
What I great colour (sorry, color!) I'm very jealous as red is not available in the UK.

It also looks good with no front number plate. Do you need to add one or can you drive without one where you are?
Many cameras have problems with the color...it is the orange, not red. Front license plates are not a national thing...some states have them, some do not.

Ah, license plates on cars ... one of my favorite subjects

I have never had a front license plate on any car (a lot) in my 35 year driving career

and my last 2 cars, a Buick Encore and a BMW 128i, no rear license plate either during their 2 year leases

I like the plateless look

Technically illegal, but so is 66 on the freeway and texting

similar to what Steve Jobs did ...

as long as these vehicles look like they're new, there's no reason for a cop to pull me over

hardly any cops around here anyhow

and if I do get ticketed, I pay it ...

non issue

Yep, replace with black.

I approached a well known car carpet mat company in the next state. They had never seen the car but they asked me to trace the existing carpets and they made me some perfect replacements even down to the velcro attachment system. I'm sure you could find some where you are.

The replacement black mats from BMW are available, but way too expensive.

justanotherdrunk said:
Not to derail the thread, but I felt the same way about my local Mercedes dealership. I went by to look at the CLA and GLA 250's. First I wandered around the lot trying to even find some. Nobody came out to talk to me. Then I went inside and sat in a GLA. Open and closed doors, pushed buttons, adjusted the seats. Still nobody talked to me. I saw two salesmen and they were both with people, but I can't imagine they were the only ones even if it was on a Sunday. Do they expect you to beg? "Please sell me a car!!!!!". I had already been lusting for an i3 so it worked out in the end.

NormanF said:
justanotherdrunk said:
Not to derail the thread, but I felt the same way about my local Mercedes dealership. I went by to look at the CLA and GLA 250's. First I wandered around the lot trying to even find some. Nobody came out to talk to me. Then I went inside and sat in a GLA. Open and closed doors, pushed buttons, adjusted the seats. Still nobody talked to me. I saw two salesmen and they were both with people, but I can't imagine they were the only ones even if it was on a Sunday. Do they expect you to beg? "Please sell me a car!!!!!". I had already been lusting for an i3 so it worked out in the end.

It's better if you make an appointment with MB and let them know what your interested in. Depending on the level of car you are considering (ie, a CLA vs an SL) the better your experience will be. I know it sucks but they really treat the 100k+ customers at a whole other level...at least that has been my experience with Fletcher Jones MB in Newport Beach. As good as my experience was at Irvine BMW was it did not come anywhere close to how I was treated buying a higher end car at FJMB.

Back