Front Fog Lights on i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivingBetterThurEV

Could someone explain where is the Front Fog Light switch? (US vehicles)
How do they function?
I read somewhere that the front fog lights come on at night when turning a corner and angle sharply then extinguish after the turn.
Can the user turn them on at will, say if a 55w headlight goes out, just for additional safety until replaced?

Apparently (not in the US) you can get rear fog lights..

Hi,

the lights in the bumper are actually the high beams, not fog lights (*). The main lights only provide dipped beam.
High beam is selected with the stalk on the steering column, just like 'normal' ;)
The high beams do nothing in corners and are, just guessing here, not used as backup for failing dipped beams.

Regards, Steven

(*) ps. OT: mounting high beams on such a low spot is a bit of a misjudgement, resulting in high beams that are not as effective as they can be...

Thanks.. that was helpful - and unusual. The dealer BMW genius said they forgot to put in a Fog light switch. Now that is funny - looking back. Glad I asked the group for the correct answer.

LivingBetterThurEV said:
Thanks.. that was helpful - and unusual. The dealer BMW genius said they forgot to put in a Fog light switch. Now that is funny - looking back. Glad I asked the group for the correct answer.

But, we didn't hear about "cornering" lights as referenced in the Manual...I gather they are not US spec.

Did you watch the BMW USA i3 Owner's Manuals Videos?
refer to http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2014/i3/BMWi3RangeExtender/OwnersManuals.aspx
The short 1:07 video on "Headlights" refer to a separate Fog Light switch to the left which turns on the quote "Fog Lights". Last time I tried they (high beam on the bumper) came on with the steering column stalk.

Thanks

Back