Extended Warranty UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oisters

Just bought an I3S (2020) we were offered a 3 year warranty by the dealer (not a BMW franchise) for £999 for 3 years. We declined as I wanted to keep my options open. What owners opinions of this? Should we consider a warranty and who with, what cost?

Just bought an I3S (2020) we were offered a 3 year warranty by the dealer (not a BMW franchise) for £999 for 3 years. We declined as I wanted to keep my options open. What owners opinions of this? Should we consider a warranty and who with, what cost?
It would depend on what the warranty covers?
If you want the cover offered the price offered appears to be good value for money.
I am in the same position, my I3s' warranty expires in December. My only concern is the AC compressor issue.
if this warranty covers that I would buy it.

Beware of extended warranty coverage and exclusions. Many seem focussed on ICE vehicles with insufficient coverage on EV's. Remember, insurers are making money on their insurance products, so if an insurance premium seems like a good deal, it probably doesn't cover much. Might be better to deposit "emergency repair" money monthly in an interest-bearing account.

Back