Enable (coding) the Route Magnet ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtanov

Has anyone managed to successfully enable the Route Magnet? I read about it in these two threads:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711517&highlight=trip+import
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982055
and think this will be a very useful feature - went ahead and enabled it, and it opened the additional option for the route magnet and I can interactively drive the magnet, and all seems to work until I press down to select the location where a menu opens as it should but the option to add the magnet point is greyed out and the only active one is to exit. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it will not work for our cars?... BTW I have Mega with professional nav. (all US options).

Thanks for the tip!

I coded the route magnet to active, and I think it works. Try waiting a few seconds for the navi to "snap" to your new road. The alternate route will turn purple when it's got a lock. Then you can select it the magnet text in the submenu (won't be grayed.) You might try zooming in to 1 mile or 2.5 miles and positioning the orange magnet circle over an alternate road. Some of the secondary roads don't show up at wide map views.

15988223816_fd04484bd5_b.jpg

When playing around with this, I discovered if you have a route plotted in the GPS, and you spin the map scale clockwise, the map key will say "AUTO," and the map will zoom in as you get closer to your destination. It might be a helpful way to see if there's traffic anywhere on your route. I don't recall this in the manual.

Yes, it worked for me too, thanks for checking it. I guess the first time I must have tried to get it on an impossible route or it was because I don"t have cell coverage in my garage where I tested it.

Back