Dutch Corner: add on mobility

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vb996

Is there already any experience with the BMW add on mobility program. They told me that it would cost 67 euro a month to have a BWM 3 series available for two weeks. Is this true, and are these vehicles timely available?

You can set your own subscription fee for the Add On Mobility Service, depending on which car you expect to rent and for how long. Obviously a 3 series will be more expensive than a 1, and a longer rental period will cost more than a shorter. If your rental costs are larger, it's better to pay a higher monthly amount. If you don't use up what you've paid, BMW will refund it to you at the end of the contract periode (I was quoted a 36 month term).

Ordering a car is easy through internet and they will advise you through email on the availability. What's nice is that your rental car is brought to your house by truck and your i3 is then taken back to the garage. If service is necessary, this will be done and it will be brought back fully charged. I think (personally) that your i3 is used as "collateral" to insure that you bring back the rental BMW!
The rental rates are better than car rental companies offer and because of the doorstep delivery, much more convenient!

vb996 said:
Sounds great! But first I need my i3, to BE delivered end of this week...

Ya, I hear ya vb996!
Mijn is supposed to come this Monday and I've already set up my iRemote so that I can monitor the car! It's at the dealer and has been charged this afternoon from 75 to 100% by them. Really cool, they were preparing it for delivery: lights were off, doors open and the rear hatch was also opened sometimes! They'd driven it 7 km today because the rear windows needed to be darkened and that was done at another location.

I couldn't see where the car was though because GPS can only be turned on and off in the car and it hasn't been switched on yet. We'll do that on Monday! :p

i3me said:
I've already set up my iRemote so that I can monitor the car!

Congrats!!
By the way, is it true that the i3 picture displayed in the iRemote app has the same color and same wheels as your actual car?

Enjoy the new toy! Mine should be delivered in 4 weeks.

Hi i3me,

How did you manage to setup the remote before you received the car, does the dealer give you login details?

Thanks
Chris

i3me said:
vb996 said:
Sounds great! But first I need my i3, to BE delivered end of this week...

Ya, I hear ya vb996!
Mijn is supposed to come this Monday and I've already set up my iRemote so that I can monitor the car! It's at the dealer and has been charged this afternoon from 75 to 100% by them. Really cool, they were preparing it for delivery: lights were off, doors open and the rear hatch was also opened sometimes! They'd driven it 7 km today because the rear windows needed to be darkened and that was done at another location.

I couldn't see where the car was though because GPS can only be turned on and off in the car and it hasn't been switched on yet. We'll do that on Monday! :p

Lemonypye said:
Hi i3me,

How did you manage to setup the remote before you received the car, does the dealer give you login details?

Thanks
Chris

The i Remote is set up through the information registered on your ConnectedDrive account. You can register your i3 there only when you have both your chassis number and (registration) plates. After downloading the i Remote app, you start the app by using your log in name and password from your ConnecteDrive account and when succesfully logged in can select which car you want to follow with the app (assuming you have multiple i vehicles to choose from!).
Then you see an image of the i3, in my case with the appropriate colour but not the right wheel style.

Back