Drivetrain Error Code: CB9517.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sqelixw

Hello all,
I got this error code: CB9517 recently. It says Electric is available but not the REX. I just put a new Fuel Pump Relay in recently but the code remains. I am getting a new Battery very soon but wondering if anyone has seen this. Also, it happened right after a super cold spell.

Thanks

I got this during a temperature drop as well. Went away the next day but is on the permanent list of codes

I have this error code. I've had it for a while now. I've cleared it a couple of times and it's come back. Always seems to come on after I charge my car. I have no error messages on the HUD and everything seems to be working normally, I replaced the relay and associated fuse even though there was nothing wrong with them and my 12 volt battery was registered only a couple thousand miles before I bought the car last year. Is it possible that it's just the fuel pump itself? Does anybody have any experience with this?

I replaced my relay fuse and it now works but I also changed the spark plugs and put a BMW gas cleaner in the tank. Threw everything at it to make sure I tried everything to do with the fuel. All options are cheap and can be done yourself. Videos on YouTube are extremely helpful with the spark plugs.

I replaced my relay fuse and it now works but I also changed the spark plugs and put a BMW gas cleaner in the tank. Threw everything at it to make sure I tried everything to do with the fuel. All options are cheap and can be done yourself. Videos on YouTube are extremely helpful with the spark plugs.
How long has it been since you did that and no code?

About 45 days. I run the engine once a week on way home from work to keep gas and oil flowing

Back