Disaterous inside tire wear

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my i3 on 30jul2024.
No more worries.

In March 2024 I bought 4 Bridgestone Ecopia 600's and promptly paid for an alignment. 2500 miles/3months later I'm already down to 3/32nd tread! Inside treads are wearing aggressively front and rear. Consequently, I paid Discount Tires to turn the tires inside out, swap then left to right and rebalance. Going to mechanic on Wednesday to check for suspension issues and re_alignment.

What in the world could be causing such disastrous wear? I'm spending almost 50cents/ mile on tires!

One of my primary concerns with the i3 and i3S tire single-approved source situation is that those of us in the US (and by the way, do i3 owners in Canada have the same problem?) do not have any option other than the Bridgestone if we stay with BMW approved tires. My i3s has only 13,000 miles from new so I expect I will not be worrying about this for about a year (unless the person who leased it belonged to a "drift Club:p.

Back