coding fob for frunk release

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbimmerguy

Howdy, I have used bimmercode for a great many mods or changes on my 18/94 rex. Very comfortable with coding. However, would like to code panic button on fob for frunk open. This requires using bimmercode advanced mode, and my German is simply not good enough. Can anyone point to instructions or procedures on the web on how to do this or a translated step by step to make this change?

I've changed the behavior of only button 3, the open hatch button, because with Comfort Access, I can open the hatch by grabbing its handle, so I don't need a fob button to do that. If you want to keep the default behavior of button 3 and change button 4, the U.S. panic alarm button, you should be able to do this as well.

BDC (Body Domain Controller)

Expert mode
30D0->RC_DEFAULT_IDG_3RD_BUTTON_LONG (open hatch button)
or
30D0->RC_DEFAULT_IDG_4TH_BUTTON_LONG (U.S. panic button)

set value to Wert_05 (open frunk)

HU_NBT (Head Unit)

Expert mode
Add remote buttons 3 and 4 menu to iDrive (button 3 can open frunk)

3000-> KEY_CONF_*: set all to active
3000-> KEY_CONF_TAILGATE_SMALL_NAME: set to frontgate (03)
3000-> KEY_CONF_TAILGATE_NAME: set to frontgate

I don't know whether changes to both the BDC and HU are necessary. Maybe just making the BDC changes is sufficient whereas making the HU changes adds menus to iDrive so the button behaviors could then be changed in iDrive.

Thanks to all. Made the coding change and it works perfectly. Only the first set of commands to the bdc are need to effect the change. Adding to the menu was not required

Back