changing up the look of the rear

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

I love the look of the front and sides of the I3 but not so much the rear, was thinking of doing something similar to these.

I heard the panels aren't even crazy expensive to be able to retain the original to switch back later.

Opinions? I think I like the red car's inverted colors but switching the white to black would be easiest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 12.14.08 pm.PNG
    Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 12.14.08 pm.PNG
    463.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 12.15.09 pm.PNG
    Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 12.15.09 pm.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 12.15.32 pm.PNG
    Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 12.15.32 pm.PNG
    798.3 KB · Views: 1
I'm of the same opinion. The rear end is my least favourite view. To me, it makes the rear very disconnected from the rest of the car. These options look pretty cool though. It's just re-colouring parts of the number right?

I love the look of the front and sides of the I3 but not so much the rear, was thinking of doing something similar to these.

I heard the panels aren't even crazy expensive to be able to retain the original to switch back later.

Opinions? I think I like the red car's inverted colors but switching the white to black would be easiest.
I would be worried about making the back too black making your vehicle less visible to people behind you especially at night or when raining. I like the color changes but would think about safety first.

It also doesn't mean someone texting doesn't rear end you regardless but just a thought. Would love to see the result if you can post it here.

I would be worried about making the back too black making your vehicle less visible to people behind you especially at night or when raining. I like the color changes but would think about safety first.

It also doesn't mean someone texting doesn't rear end you regardless but just a thought. Would love to see the result if you can post it here.
That is the color scheme -- as viewed from behind -- of the Fluid Black i3.

Hmmm, I just checked the interwebs for info on car colors and accident rates, and most of the top hits are . . . Personal Injury Attorneys' websites?!? I thought I might learn something, but that wasn't the something I expected.

That is the color scheme -- as viewed from behind -- of the Fluid Black i3.

Hmmm, I just checked the interwebs for info on car colors and accident rates, and most of the top hits are . . . Personal Injury Attorneys' websites?!? I thought I might learn something, but that wasn't the something I expected.
ha ha, that's funny. I just know intuitively dark colors recede that's why if you're chubby wear black and it has a slimming effect. Also some vehicles with nice lines always look better in lighter colors because you see more detail, body lines and the like. Darker colors like black accentuate more of the shape.

I also think you should make your car the way you want it. Don't live in fear of being rear-ended. I think it would look very cool and I wouldn't keep that from not doing it.

I also like the color on the bottom of the glass hatch. Did you see this article? Take a look at the color combo.

1719444778771.jpeg

Last edited:
I consulted an AI large language model and made it do the work... this is the response...

"Research into the correlation between vehicle color and accident rates has yielded mixed results. While some studies suggest that certain colors may be more prone to accidents due to visibility issues (e.g., dark colors at night), others find no significant correlation once factors like driver behavior and vehicle type are considered.

However, based on global accident data, the top 5 vehicle colors commonly reported in accidents are:
  1. White: White vehicles are popular globally and often cited in accident reports due to their high prevalence on the road.
  2. Black: Despite being less common than white, black vehicles are also frequently reported in accidents.
  3. Gray: Gray vehicles rank high in accident reports, possibly due to visibility challenges, especially in poor weather conditions.
  4. Silver: Similar to gray, silver vehicles are common and often involved in accidents.
  5. Red: While less common than the top three, red vehicles are notable in accident reports, possibly due to visibility or driver behavior factors.
These rankings can vary by region and might be influenced by factors like vehicle popularity, visibility, and environmental conditions."

If you're in a black & white i3 are you doubling your risks? :p

Back