BMW Advanced Car Eye 2.0 and ACE 2.0 App

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfogarty

Supporting Member
My car came with the BMW Car Eye 2.0 camera system and I am having a nightmare getting the wifi name to appear. The camera just sits there with the white power light on and that's it. I've tried a software reset, hardware reset (pinhole) and reformatting the memory card.
There are various posts around the web confirming these are a real job to get set up.
Has anyone had any experience troubleshooting these things successfully?

I've just finished setting up the 3.0 Pro in my i3s.. This may not be directly related, but there is a real issue with the ACE Wifi & phone connection (iPhone in my case) when the phone is also connected via CarPlay. I have to go into the drive menu under 'Manage Mobile Devices' & change it from CarPlay to BMW Bluetooth connected before it pics up the ACE Wifi... Oddly enough it is fine if I'm on my home Wifi while in the car, it will just drop that connection & pickup the ACE wifi.. see if this helps any...

I've just finished setting up the 3.0 Pro in my i3s.. This may not be directly related, but there is a real issue with the ACE Wifi & phone connection (iPhone in my case) when the phone is also connected via CarPlay. I have to go into the drive menu under 'Manage Mobile Devices' & change it from CarPlay to BMW Bluetooth connected before it pics up the ACE Wifi... Oddly enough it is fine if I'm on my home Wifi while in the car, it will just drop that connection & pickup the ACE wifi.. see if this helps any...
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl but I'm pretty sure I've tried this in the past. I've tried so many things to get this working over the past month.

Damn.. only other thing I can think of -that you’ve probably already tried… do a hard re-start of your phone?! And maybe before you unwire it all, disconnect the ACE from power for 10 min & reconnect. Good luck!

Thanks, first thing I did was a hard reset and that did nothing really. I found some other advice which was format the card and then wait a few days and it then starts recording. It has then created the file system on the card. I then have to copy a firmware file across to the card but not put it back in until it asks for the card, it should then update the firmware and then the WiFi activates. I'm current at the stage of waiting for it to ask for the card.

We'll see what happens and I'll report back if it works so it may helps others.

Thanks, first thing I did was a hard reset and that did nothing really. I found some other advice which was format the card and then wait a few days and it then starts recording. It has then created the file system on the card. I then have to copy a firmware file across to the card but not put it back in until it asks for the card, it should then update the firmware and then the WiFi activates. I'm current at the stage of waiting for it to ask for the card.

We'll see what happens and I'll report back if it works so it may helps others.
Wow… that’s involved. You’re gone deep into it for sure. Have you tried the support email for ACE? I think it goes off to Thinkware maybe. They may have some ideas also. I emailed them about install instructions for the ACE 3.0 Pro - they did come back to me, if only to tell me they don’t provide this information & to go to my dealer. So not overly helpful, but it is their “support” email. You need support!!
([email protected])

No joy with Ace email support - they said they only support 3.0 not 2.0 - even though I told them about my experience with a local BMW dealer not wanting to help at all until I gave them some money for a service, they advised me to go to a local BMW dealer. The search continues..

Ugh.. that’s frustrating.. you’d think they could at least suggest something to try. Do you service at BMW? Maybe make it their problem?! It is a BMW branded product. 🤷‍♂️

Ugh.. that’s frustrating.. you’d think they could at least suggest something to try. Do you service at BMW? Maybe make it their problem?! It is a BMW branded product. 🤷‍♂️
I don't, no. I use a local chap that I've used for a good few years on all my cars.

Until I get this sorted, I've now got another dashcam in place as I really need something sooner rather than later.

I do appreciate your replies on this.

Back