2016 i3 - will not charge

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br33zy

I'll spare all the backstory on this, but I've had the car since 2018, it hasn't moved in a year. I'm familiar with the Bimmer Code apps and ISTA, as I've done my best to troubleshoot the issue without much luck.

I believe a 'fuse' inline has been blown (or similar mechanism). An issue with a charging cable was the start of all of this (a short, that caused an arc at the inline converter on the charging cable), which has manifested all sorts of errors downstream, so it's hard to pick where to start. If I could get it to charge, I think I'd be set.

I've also already changed the onboard 12v battery, although I think I could use one with a higher mAH

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

No ideas? I may be asking too broad of a question, but I was thinking someone might confirm my thinking. From what I understand, there is a 'fuse' of sorts (not really accessible to be user replaced, but it can be) in the 'safety box' that all the high voltage cables connect to on the top of the electric motor in the rear of the car

Just trying to avoid a wild goose chase if there are more common things to check after a voltage spike on the charging side

Back