Where to buy 12v Battery

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nolan Montague

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get a battery for my 2015 Rex that is completely compatible with the car. One other question, if I don’t buy a battery straight from bmw, do I have to use the bimmerlink app with an obd scanner? Thank you for your help!

One other question, if I don’t buy a battery straight from bmw, do I have to use the bimmerlink app with an obd scanner?
Registering a new 12V battery in an i3 apparently stores only its installation date, so registering doesn't affect how an aging battery is charged as it does with alternator-equipped BMW's. Several i3 owners have installed new batteries without registering them and haven't reported any negative consequences such as their batteries failing earlier than expected. I licensed BimmerLink so that I could read and erase diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's), so I registered replacement batteries in our i3's because I could.

Back