U-clip part number?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy320

When replacing my cabin filters I dropped one of the two u-clips behind the foot well and it's gone into the 9th dimension. The part is the white u-clip seen at the 1:23 mark in the attached YT video. The screw is part #07149185673 and it's the white clip it screws into that I need. I know it's fairly generic, but if I can get the part # instead of buying a bunch of clips off Amazon for $$ I'm sure it will be only a dollar or two at the dealer. I've tried looking at the i3 parts online but I can't seem to find this clip on any of the diagrams.​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxpaoOOk68

Is it 07149200938? I'm looking at this diagram.
824660_x800.jpg

Or perhaps 07129907473 from this diagram.
BMW-07129907473.JPG

These both look slightly different and obviously a different color... Hmm.

I'm thinking the screw you have is part 14 on this diagram. Unfortunately I can't figure out which diagram has the part it screws into.

Last edited:
I did see those 2 clips as well, but like you, I cannot for the life of me see the actual clip on any of the diagrams, just the screw itself. Maybe I'll just order those 2 plastic clips and see if they'll fit, I'm sure they can't be more than a dollar or 2.

One of those sheet metal nuts fell off when I was changing the cabin air filter (not a fun job!) but I was able to find it and slide it back onto the thin plastic panel where it belonged. This is from memory, so the details might be a bit different.

Sheet metal nuts should be available at a local hardware store. Take the screw that screws into it with you to get the right size.

Back