SME reconnect

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henny

Does anyone know how to reset the hv contactors in the SME after a crash with airbag deployment? All airbags and 12v piro have been replaced and faults in the srs module cleared. Airbag light now goes off.
Obviously BMW can do this, but if I can avoid them and pay someone else (or buy the correct software to achieve this myself) I would much prefer this for a number of reasons.

Thankyou in advance for any help and advice.

2019 i3s BEV

Does anyone know how to reset the hv contactors in the SME after a crash with airbag deployment? All airbags and 12v piro have been replaced and faults in the srs module cleared. Airbag light now goes off.
Obviously BMW can do this, but if I can avoid them and pay someone else (or buy the correct software to achieve this myself) I would much prefer this for a number of reasons.

Thankyou in advance for any help and advice.

2019 i3s BEV
Hi, did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue.

I've read that resetting or maybe replacing the safety box within the battery pack compartment is necessary, and that this requires an expensive EoS (End of Service) tester. Hopefully, someone with more experience or knowledge will respond.

Back