Remote connectivity lost, and how I solved it

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clanduncan

Supporting Member
Post in thread 'My Black Beauty, i3 94Ahr Rex' https://www.mybmwi3.com/threads/my-black-beauty-i3-94ahr-rex.18407/post-78737

Reproduced from my own thread above, to make it easier to find (I hope). Apologies in advance if this is already 'out there'.

So, this technique helped me and might help other users who have this issue, or who might get it.

I recently lost all remote connectivity with my car. This just happened for no apparent reason, after having my car for 3.5 years, as it approaches 8 years old. As a consequence I was unable to use intelligent charging, and had to rely on a manual timer. I also could not send remote commands, and the app did not get updated by the car. After downloading and installing updates, forcing the car itself to look for updates, nothing had changed. I still couldn't communicate with the car. Contacting BMW only got a suggestion that my dealer update my car, since according to them it hadn't been updated since 2016.

After some searching around on the web I came across the solution on a Reddit site. All credit goes to Reddit user Agentimi for posting this solution. It works by removing one fuse (115) for ten minutes to force a reboot of the telecoms module once the fuse is reinstalled. It's pretty simple, only takes 15-20 minutes and worked like a charm. So, the link below is for anybody else who comes across this issue.

Last edited:
Back