Recharged my 2014 i3 Rex AC System

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if this has ever been done on my car, I just bought it in February, but reading the posts about failing compressors got me wanting to make sure mine is healthy. I had cool A/C and wasn't hearing any odd noises, but for $200 I got my A/C recharged for some cheap insurance. They evacuated 590g and put 750g in of R134a. Work was done by an approved BMW shop. Can't really notice a difference in how cool the A/C is, just hoping to avoid a future compressor failure.

That's really all, maybe someone will read this and do the same. Maybe it'll be the difference that keeps one alive that much longer. I have no evidence that these fail because of low refrigerant, but it certainly can't hurt to keep it healthy.

I'm not sure if this has ever been done on my car, I just bought it in February, but reading the posts about failing compressors got me wanting to make sure mine is healthy. I had cool A/C and wasn't hearing any odd noises, but for $200 I got my A/C recharged for some cheap insurance. They evacuated 590g and put 750g in of R134a. Work was done by an approved BMW shop. Can't really notice a difference in how cool the A/C is, just hoping to avoid a future compressor failure.

That's really all, maybe someone will read this and do the same. Maybe it'll be the difference that keeps one alive that much longer. I have no evidence that these fail because of low refrigerant, but it certainly can't hurt to keep it healthy.
What area are you in?

Back