Mega world carpeting

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptoyama

For anyone who has what in the US is listed as the Mega World interior (Carum Spice Grey Sensatec & Carum Spice Grey Cloth), and I believe it is called Loft in the UK, can you tell me what the color is for the floor carpet? From pictures I have seen, it appears to be black or charcoal or dark gray.

Thanks.

Mega actually has a light grey carpet. I have heard people who have it already complain about how quickly it gets dirty:

2014-BMW-i3-Mega-World-135-626x382.jpg

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply.

Is that light grey the mats on top of the carpet, or the carpet itself? I would probably put in Weathertech digital floorliner mats, which would go on top of the base carpet.

I believe that is carpeting. Not sure what BMW was thinking :eek:. Definitely need dark all-weather floor mats! I am pretty sure the Giga also comes with the light stuff, so I am going to cover as much of it as I can with mats to avoid dirt spots.

Hi,

it's a light mat on dark carpet. You can (at least in Holland) indicate that you want the mats to be dark as well. I did order the Lodge interior with dark mats, the near white mats are highly impractical.

Steven

Stevei3 said:
Hi,

it's a light mat on dark carpet. You can (at least in Holland) indicate that you want the mats to be dark as well. I did order the Lodge interior with dark mats, the near white mats are highly impractical.

Steven
Thanks for the clarification Steven. I still haven't seen this trim in person. Every i3 in the US is either Tera (Suite) or Giga (Lodge). Same at all the Auto shows, only the top trim levels are shown.

Hi Tom,

our good friends do have the Loft interior in their i3 BEV. It is really very, very nice, aside from the white mats... But you've got te see it in person if you want to assess if it is exactly to your taste.
My only concern with Loft is that the curvy bit on top of the dash is painted in a matte finish, as in Atelier. This actually looks quite good, but it could be a sort of delicate finish, not sure about that though.

Regards, Steven

I have the Loft interior on my new BEV. I replaced the white carpets with black ones from the parts shop. £90+V. In my view It looks better with dark carpets and of course is more practical. With the sunroof option, on a sunny day the interior feels a very light & spacious place to be.

I'll keep the originals in case I start to do weddings :lol:

The dash tops seems to be robust, so far at least.

Fred

Back