Maintenance or Not Maintenance

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noakey

Hmmm.. I need some opinions..

I am about to lease my BEV for 3 years at 20,000miles per year. The maintenance adds about another £40 to the monthly lease cost but includes service, repair, tyres, punctures and brake maintenance. Should I or shouldn't I include maintenance.The BMW guy says that it would be sensible as the i3 is an 'unknown entity'. Any comments would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

noakey said:
The BMW guy says that it would be sensible as the i3 is an 'unknown entity'.
That's what the warranty is for. Brakes should last a long time given the aggressive regen on the i3 - other maintenance should be minimal.

If you were going REx, it might need a few oil changes, but with BEV there should be very little maintenance needed.

I wouldn't add it.

I33t said:
£40 x 36 = £1440

Assume 2 sets of tyres and one set of brake pads. Are you ahead? :)

Excellent... that's done it for me... thank you... am way ahead lol... nooooooo maintenance...

Servicing dealer is out of range for me, so no brainer at this end. Hopefully, the local dealer will get up to speed by the time I need anything done or I'll have to freight it. :shock:

noakey said:
Hmmm.. I need some opinions... brake maintenance.
I'd be surprised if you actually apply the brakes more than a couple times in 3 years. Agressive regen gains in more ways than one.

Another benefit of regenerative braking is no brake dust to clean!

No brake dust? How can this be a BMW?

Back