I Bought A 2021 Gold Giga World BMW i3S Rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! You bought something similar to what I've been looking for. I haven't bought an ICE car since 2002 when I bought a 2000 Honda Insight, and an i3 BEV has plenty of range for me living on an isolated island. I don't want 20" wheels and tires, so I wouldn't consider an i3S. I agree with you on a moonroof but probably wouldn't eliminate a 2021 Galvanic Gold Metallic Giga World i3 BEV with a moonroof. I looked at a lease-return 2021 Galvanic Gold Metallic Mega World i3 BEV with a moonroof, but its driver seat was permanently stained, and I much prefer Giga World to any other trim level. I found 2021 Galvanic Gold Metallic Giga World i3 BEV lease-returns at dealers outside of Boston and in Houston, but trucking and shipping to Honolulu is too costly. I've given up and will remain happy with our 2019 Imperial Blue Metallic Giga World BEV with the Tech Package.

Congratulations! You bought something similar to what I've been looking for. I haven't bought an ICE car since 2002 when I bought a 2000 Honda Insight, and an i3 BEV has plenty of range for me living on an isolated island. I don't want 20" wheels and tires, so I wouldn't consider an i3S. I agree with you on a moonroof but probably wouldn't eliminate a 2021 Galvanic Gold Metallic Giga World i3 BEV with a moonroof. I looked at a lease-return 2021 Galvanic Gold Metallic Mega World i3 BEV with a moonroof, but its driver seat was permanently stained, and I much prefer Giga World to any other trim level. I found 2021 Galvanic Gold Metallic Giga World i3 BEV lease-returns at dealers outside of Boston and in Houston, but trucking and shipping to Honolulu is too costly. I've given up and will remain happy with our 2019 Imperial Blue Metallic Giga World BEV with the Tech Package.
I do love Imperial Blue! And 2019 is a great year. My 2021’s build quality isn’t as good as my 2014s. It’s a Covid car.

Whelp the downside to your purchase is you'll have to wait 6 years and 10 months or thereabouts to sneak another warranty battery exchange in under the wire and have a story worthy of telling. That's 6 years and 10 months of no i3 content unless the 4G band gets sunsetted and you stumble upon a workaround to BMW's inevitable "sorry, no upgrade path available" answer they're going to give the rest of us

Congratulations! Keep us posted! I will be upgrading to one of those once my current ‘17 gets long in the tooth. Or if we become a two i3 household, which I am more and more tempted to do…

Very interesting about the build quality. My ‘17 felt much more solid than my ‘15 and ‘14.

I am kind of jealous for whomever managed to score a brand new i3 earlier this year!

https://www.bmwblog.com/2024/04/03/bmw-sold-i3-united-states-q1-2024/

Back