How do I turn on Compass in rear view mirror

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanfromBigEasy

I recently bought a 2021 i3 REx with the highest trim level to replace my 2015 i3 REx (next to highest trim level).

The 2015 displayed the compass directions in the upper right corner of the rear view mirror. The 2021 does not. Both rear view mirrors have a clear plastic bubble below (perhaps to bounce off the windshield).

Are compass directions a package add-on, or can I turn them on or is this a defect in the 2021 ? (I have a month of warranty left).

Later models of the i3 were somewhat "de-contented" apparently due to supply chain issues at the time. Pretty sure the Compass Mirror was one of those items not available in later models.

Later models of the i3 were somewhat "de-contented" apparently due to supply chain issues at the time. Pretty sure the Compass Mirror was one of those items not available in later models.
Our 2014 and 2019 U.S. Giga World i3's both with the Tech Package, had digital compasses in their interior rear view mirrors. I was disappointed to learn that our 2021 U.S. Giga World i3 with the Tech Package does not. I considered swapping the mirrors before selling our 2019 i3, but doing so would apparently have required programming them to each car which I cannot do and would not want to pay to have done.

Instead, I have configured a split entertainment screen with a compass displayed in the right half unless I am navigating to a destination which replaces this compass with a detailed diagram of the next turn.

Back