2017 REX from Dealer

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. This forum has been VERY helpful. On Monday, August 19, I picked up my car from BMW of Ft. Lauderdale, and drove it 225 miles back to Lady Lake, FL. I paid a bit extra because it was a dealer. It has 22.5K miles and is blue. Previously, I had taken a 2016 on a 24-hour test drive from CarMax. I learned A LOT in those 24 hours, and did not buy the car, though it was nice and the range would have been fine. It was more about CarMax than the car itself.

The best thing about the 2015 is that I coded it. Knowing it could be coded successfully made me certain an i3 was the car for me.

I coded my 2017 in the dealer’s parking lot before I drove off. That way, if something went wrong, they could fix it! It is a good thing I did! I could not charge at the charge stations along the Florida Turnpike! In the end, it was probably my inexperience or I had the wrong app for something. They simply would not initialize. Then, the included, original travel charger was defective. I was on the verge of having it trucked back.

Fortunately, Amazon got me a new charger within 24 hours. Also, I charged at a ChargePoint and am very pleased with that App.

Now, I love it!

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back