the perfect place to live?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithsmith23

to maximise I3 range where is the perfect place in the world to live? Temperature wise & gradient wise? I keep thinking/dreaming a city/daily route with plenty of climbs/drops at whatever optimal temperature is through day/night could mean 3 figure range (BEV only)

If the place does not exist (outside of BMW test lab/conditions)...then shall we build it the first city with EV's the first thought not the after.

FYI - I got consumption of 6.2m/kwh the other day..thats good right?

Flat is better than hills. Going up always requires more energy than you capture on the way down. It's not a coincidence that BMW did the i3 global press intro in Amsterdam.

Oahu, Hawaii. Perfect EV temperatures. If you want hills, we've got them. But if you want to drive around the relatively flat coast and just look at the mountains, you can. I just drove 107 miles today in Eco Pro+ mode on roads along the coast with speed limits varying from 35 to 60 mph. I drove the entire way under ACC control set at 5 over the speed limit. At 97 miles and 10 miles from home, the Guess-O-Meter told me I had 3 miles of range remaining. My 5.8 mi/kWh efficiency today suggested that I should have been able to drive 5.8 mi/kWh X 18.8 kWh = 109 miles, or 2 miles over what my total distance would have been. But my wife was nervous, so we stopped by BMW of Honolulu to add 8 miles of range (thanks, Wallace!).

Back