i3 charging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaulAlonso

What Are the Best Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Owners?

Shedding is natural for our greatest companions – cats and dogs. So, taking care of them means having a lot of extra hair to clean up. As a pet owner, the first solution that comes into your mind would be a vacuum specifically designed to collect pet hair.

We understand that before buying one, you need to carefully evaluate each vacuum’s feature to choose a good vacuum cleaner that matches your preferences. Whatever your budget, we have rounded up Best Vacuum Cleaners Reviews Thekinglive for you. Just take a look and pick out the perfect one.

1. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with Duo Clean

As its name suggests, Shark APEX Upright Vacuum Duo Clean has a dual brush roll system that works well on both carpets and hardwood floors. If you are living with pets, you probably know that removing your pet hair from floors only is not enough, as you also need to clean them from the brush rolls yourself after vacuuming. Therefore, this product stands out as an exceptional machine for pet owners due to its specialized application called “Zero M” technology that self-cleans brush rolls, collecting all unwanted pet hair for you.

24spjPt.jpg

Another bonus of this product is the “HEPA filter” technology that helps to remove allergens in the air, creating a cleaner environment for both you and your pets. No wonder Shark APEX is considered one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet owners this year.

2. Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum

Coming to Dyson, one of the Best vacuum cleaners in the world. The Ball Animal 2 is a new product of Dyson, replacing two previous top rated vacuums, namely the Ball Animal 1 and the Cinetic Big Ball Animal. The Ball Animal 2 is designed to have a suction power of 270 air watts, making it the most powerful pet hair vacuum in the market right now.

This strong suction, together with “ball technology” that enables difficult maneuvers, helps Dyson collect all the dirt and pet hair in tightest places. Equipped with a tangle-free turbine tool, the machine can rotate in opposite directions to grab all of the matted fur in multi surfaces, including hard floors, carpets, beds, couches, and even clothing.

3. Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner

Priced at $999.00, this vacuum is probably the most expensive pet hair vacuum. But do not just look at its price – look at its functions, too. One of the unique features of the Miele Complete C3 is the “Active Air Clean” system that contains charcoal to tackle pet odor, pet hair, and pet dander. The product comes with a toolset, including a crevice tool, upholstery tool and turbo brush to reach every corner of your house.

Its outstanding performance also derives itself from a 3D bumper that protects your walls and furniture from being scratched. You think that it is noisier to drag a canister vacuum? Then, you shall be surprised with this machine. With a noise reduction system, this machine creates almost no sound, so, it shall not set your pets into a frenzy.

9nBjLIh.jpg

4. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum

Want a smaller pet hair vacuum? Then check out this Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. This super lightweight handheld vacuum is provided with 16 feet cord, allowing users to take it everywhere. Bissell Pet Hair is featured with two nozzles: one hard nozzle for collecting dry messes such as pet litter or food and another nozzle for picking up all the light things like hair and dirt. The product is also equipped with Cyclonic Cleaning System to ensure smooth performance across different surfaces. However, as a handheld vacuum, it only has a capacity of 0.78 liter. Also, this pet hair eraser is really just for pet hair, it shall not work well with regular dirt.

Conclusion

Removing pet hair from your floors and carpets is no longer hard work with these remarkable vacuum cleaners. We hope that the Top rated vacuum cleaners on our list will help you find your most appropriate vacuum for your house. Recommend us if any other great pet hair vacuums come to mind. We would be glad to see your comments.

Alas, you're not missing anything.

You can select your window ("tariff time slot") but you can't select it unless you have a departure time set.

If the car determines it can't charge to 100% before the departure time -- based on available current -- it will charge outside of the window.

Nothing in the car or on the app indicates charging current. You'll have to look at estimated time of charge completion and work backwards. For instance, I know my 94Ah battery gains approximately 10% per hour at L2 / 16A.

Yes, this system is pretty dang basic.

It's my understanding that the charging rate adjustment only works with the 120vac device delivered with the vehicle in the USA, not when connected to a 240vac device. That may change per market. It's there in case that receptacle you plug the thing into may be on a shared circuit with something else to help prevent from overloading the circuit. Say, it's plugged into the same circuit as your garage door opener...might work fine until you tried to open or close that door, or maybe use a saw, compressor, vacuum, or some other tool. It won't overload the EVSE, as the EVSE reports to the car the maximum it can deliver and the car adjusts itself to that, but potentially not if it was a shared circuit.

In the USA, the maximum EVSE charging rate is 7.4Kw. Power depends on the voltage supplied, so with the same EVSE device at a 208vac commercial input would provide less power than a 240vac line you may have in your home (power=volts*amps). Since the pilot signal from the EVSE announces how many amps, and not power it can provide, a 30A device at 208vac won't max the i3 out, but in my case, my 30A EVSE at my typical 247vac does.

The time slot for charging could be a little easier than the way they implemented it. It isn't all that clear. It also can be misleading, since, if you plug the car in while the charge is below a certain point, it will start to charge a bit, then stop and wait so that the battery doesn't sit at a low charge level when it could get cold and become damaged.

Last, the car does calculate, given the available data based on the pilot signal from the EVSE and its current state of charge when it will be finished charging nor does it actually show the current charging rate in amps or watts.

For less than about $30, I wired in a meter to monitor the power, voltage, and amps my EVSE was pulling. It's operational power is in the 20W range when activated (lights and contactor and logic), and maybe 3W when not (indicator lights and logic).

While I have the CCS input on mine, I've never actually plugged it into one. Probably should have before the warranty expired, but never found the need as I use it as a local runabout, as it was designed for, not a road car on longer trips so I'm always home to plug it in without intermediate charging along the way.

Keep in mind that the car does slow the charging rate down, regardless of the capacity of the EVSE or CCS unit you plug into as the batteries approach full charge. That's one reason why they rate the CCS charging times to 80% rather than 100%, as after that point, the heat buildup and charging rate come into play in trying to preserve the battery health. Level 2 charging, from what I understand, gets to a higher level before it starts to taper off partly because that slower rate (7.4Kw versus 50Kw rates) between level 2 and CCS differ. With an EVSE, it can get somewhere in the 90's percent range before it slows down. Also note that not all CCS units out there will max out the i3, either. While there are now some capable of up to 350Kw, the car won't use more than the 50Kw rate from it, and BMW offered some price leader 25Kw CCS units to dealers to soften the blow about installing them that you might see around. A DC power supply that big is somewhat expensive, and requires some major power line upgrades to be able to install.

jadnashuanh said:
It's my understanding that the charging rate adjustment only works with the 120vac device delivered with the vehicle in the USA, not when connected to a 240vac device.
At least with the system software version that was installed on our 2014 U.S. BEV when it was new, setting the AC Level 2 charging rate to "Reduced" in iDrive did reduce the charging power. The Driver's Guide smartphone app, which is apparently tailored for one's specific i3 based on its VIN, states that the maximum "Reduced" AC Level 2 charging current for our i3 is 20 A. I haven't verified this in years, but I have no reason to believe that this has changed.

Back